Pages

Sunday 13 May 2012

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

Well my good intentions for the weekend included going to the gym at least once for a run, cleaning the bathroom, washing the kitchen floor, getting the weekly shop done and doing the laundry.  I have managed the shopping and the laundry (just) but thanks to the kettlebells class I did on Friday morning I am practically crippled.  Literally can't bend down.  Even sitting is uncomfortable.

What's worse is I am not allowed to take ibuprofen.  It belongs to a class of drugs called NSAIDS which are know to increase lithium levels in the blood and so are therefore extremely bad for me.  Which is extra bad because goddamn it my back hurts!!  I knew the class would be tough and I knew I would ache afterwards but blimey, I did not expect this level of ouch! 

So all of this has meant a lazy weekend and an extra lazy Sunday afternoon spent catching up on season 6 of Criminal Minds (<3 Penelope Garcia) and progressing with Sophie, the rabbit I am knitting for Little H's birthday next month.  So far she is going well:
Quite good for only a couple of hours' work.  Head and body done and first leg halfway complete so far.  I'm knitting her in Sirdar Snuggly Kisses which is a nylon/acrylic mix and is much nicer than the plain Sirdar Snuggly I made Elijah in.  She's fluffy soft just like a bunny should be.

And now, back to my psychopaths and lunatics in Criminal Minds...not sure it's the most fitting accompaniment to knitting a fluffy bunny, but hey, this is me after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment